Gnucash website

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:42:05 -0500

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 06:22:23PM -0700, Chris Lyttle was heard to remark:
> On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 09:28, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > Should be back up.
> >=20
> > The phone line got disconnected again ((remodeelling, the workers did i=
t,
> > should get stable in a few more months).
> >=20
> > --linas
> >=20
> > On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 02:03:50AM -0700, Chris Lyttle was heard to rem=
ark:
> > > Hi Linas,
> > >=20
> > > I was trying to release a new stable GnuCash tonight but the website =
was
> > > down so I couldn't upload/ftp to it. Could you look into it pease and
> > > let me know when its back up.
> > >=20
> Linas,
>=20
> With the recent downtime of the gnucash site, the developers were
> discussing alternatives to maintain access for users and developers to
> CVS and the web/ftp site. Some suggestions that were made were moving to
> savannah and sourceforge. It would be nice to know what your thoughts
> are on the matter.

1) call me by telephone when the site is down for more than a few minutes.=
=20
(512)-499-8246 home or
(512)-507-9077 cell

The house is being remodelled right now, and the computers and wiring
are exposed to children, workers, cats & dogs, and this has caused a lot=20
of outages.   After the remodel, they go back in the closet, where they
should be safe.

2) my sysadmin workload does not decrease if we move parts of gnucash
elsewhere, since these servers have other crap on them.

3) sourceforge is hardly an epitome of high uptime.  And when it is up, it =
often has
severe performance problems. :-( I think its oversubscribed.

4) My understanding is that savanah is hosted on the sourceforge cpu's
and network, so it suffers from the same problem.

5) I have an emotional attachment to having it here, I gues, so I wouldn't
support such a move ...

--linas

--=20
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>
PGP Key fingerprint =3D 8305 2521 6000 0B5E 8984  3F54 64A9 9A82 0104 5933

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--