how to hook OpenHBCI menu items in the register window

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
25 Aug 2002 16:27:06 -0400

Christian Stimming <stimming@tuhh.de> writes:

> > Use the gnc_add_c_extension() or gnc_add_scm_extension() functions to
> > add items to the main window menus.  One of the arguments to these
> > functions is where in the menu hierarchy to put the new item.  I don't
> > believe there has ever been a way to add anything to the register window
> > menus.

David,

I haven't looked (and I don't have time for at least a week or two),
but...  How hard do you think it would be to extend the
gnc_add_*_extension() functions to take a base menu instead of
assuming the top-level menu?

Note that this makes it slightly harder for windows like the register,
becuase you'd have to make sure you remembered the "added" menu items
so you could add them to each window.

For extra credit:  Allow a flag (for the register window) that let's
you add menu items based on the account type...

> Yes, that's what I groked so far. Nevertheless, for HBCI stuff I need to do
> exactly that: add menu items to the register window menus, and to the account
> tree's account specific menus. Not many, but only two or three: Actions->
> Online-> "Get balance", "Get transactions". Does anybody happen to volunteer
> to write hooks for that? If not, I'd like to implement that with #ifdef'd
> menu adding commands in src/gnome/window-register.c and
> src/gnome/window-acct-tree.c, respectively.

Christian, I understand your urgency, however I think we should do
this "right", even if it takes longer to do so...