HBCI

Eildert Groeneveld eg@tzv.fal.de
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 12:27:23 +0100

On Samstag, 30. November 2002 16:56, Martin Preuß wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Samstag, 30. November 2002 14:31, Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
> [...]
>
> > 2. I have had a number of transaction that HBCI noted as ok but that
> > apparently never made into the bank: I got letters threatening to close
> > down water supply and so forth). Somehow, there seems to be a gap in
> > status reporting from the gnucash to the bank and back to gnucash. I
> > think that this is a rather nasty "feature". Any ideas of what may be
> > going wrong?
>
> When sending a transfer request to your credit institute you get a message
> saying that your bank acknowledges the reception of your request (normally
> something like "Auftrag entgegengenommen").
Where do you get this notification? The transfers I dod looked totally normal
to me. However, I have to admit that I did not explicitly look for something
like "Auftrag entgegengenommen"; matter of fact, I do not remember ever
having seen anything of this sort. Would that come up in one of those little
windows?

> If you received such an ACK then OpenHBCI has done all it could do.
> After that your bank takes over responsibility for this transfer.
>
> Currently the HBCI protocol does not define any further acknowledgement
> (well, as far as I know it is planned for future versions of the HBCI
> protocol).
>
> If the request is handled by your bank you should see this transaction a
> few days later in the normal transaction list. Currently this is the only
You are right: I tracked down two that did NOT show up, which made me
reinitiate them.
> way to be sure that your bank really transfered the money.
>
> Since I transfer money using OpenHBCI on a regular basis I can asure you
> that it works.
It also works very well for me most of the time. But as described above: on a
couple of occasion it did not.
stated
Is there no way that openhbci is more explicit on the result from the transfer
to the bank? If there is no aggreed (protocol) status (like 1 - transfer
accepted) we should at least have a status box which tells you what the bank
reported back: like "Auftrag entgegengenommen" (which would be fine) or "
" then we would know there was something fishy.

taking note of a HBCI transfer and trying to find it a few days later in the
transactions list; this is simply not practical.

best regards

Eildert

--
Eildert Groeneveld