Updated 1.8 release schedule

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Dec 2002 13:28:12 -0500

Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> writes:

> g-wrap-1.3.2 actually passed make check when I tried it with guile-1.6;
> that's one reason why I was curious.

Hmm, ok...

> > In the past I know we've had to work around guile smob issues.
> > Unfortunately I don't know what the issue with guile-1.6 is offhand,
> > so I have no where to point you.  Unfortunately rlb has always been
> > the real guile hacker, and he (and most of the other guile hackers)
> > have "left" the gnucash project, leaving those left behind having to
> > up-port all their code :(
>
> OK, just curious if it was a known 'fix this', or if it was more
> undetermined where there problems lie.

I dont think anyone has actually looked hard at the problem, so it was
easier to just tell people not to use guile-1.6 than it was to track
down the problem -- specially when we can't compile with -Werror.

If you want to try it you are more than welcome to help us work on a
guile-1.6 "fix".  I would start by saving all the compiler warnings
and walking through them all to see if there were any API "changes".