need help getting 1.7.5 on debian unstable

Karl karl@tux.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:45:19 -0500 (EST)

Hey,

Is there an /etc/apt/sources.list entry for grabbing GnucCash 1.7.5?

I would like to test out the devel/beta versions a bit.  I'm running a box
with Debian 3.0 unstable with 2.4.18 kernel, but can't apt-get any version
higher than GnuCash 1.6.8.

I grabbed the 1.7.5 source tarball last night, but the ./configure tells
me that I don't have the right guile installed (I verified that I DO have
guile1.4 and the libs successfully installed ... it _should_ be
working...)

Sorry if this msg should have been posted to gnucash-users, but I searched
through their archives and found nothing about Debian and 1.7.5. I also
searched gnucash.org for other options, but having ehausted those, here is
my email request for help (I imagine more developers are running 1.7.5
than anyone else).

Thanks for any leads/help/etc.
respectfully,
  -Karl