adding register menu item [WAS: Re: Updated 1.8 release schedule]

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Dec 2002 16:30:53 -0500

Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org> writes:

> | Are both menus in glade/register.glade?  I'm confused.
>
> Yes, I do; Yes, they are...

Ok, I pulled up the glade file.  There is a LOT of things in there.

Check Register
Check Register Popup Menu
Duplicate Transaction Dialog
Date Range
Delete Transaction
register_toolbar_win
register_menubar_win
win_register_toolbar_win
register_popup

As far as I can tell, neither "Check Register Popup Menu" nor
"win_register_toolbar_win" is ever used by anything.  I can find no
references to either object in the C code.  Perhaps those two items
can "go away"?

> The [glade] menu definition which eventually becomes the menu of the
> window-register was moved into two places in src/gnome/glade/register.glade:
> the "Check Register" window defines the menubar itself; the bulk of the
> window-register menubar items are related to the register-in-a-window.
> As well in the glade file is a non-realized "register_menubar_win" [I
> think; I can't get at glade UI from here ATM] which contains a menubar
> and only the 3 "common" [sub]menus from the gnc-split-reg.
>
> In window-register.c:*mumble*_setup_menu, the gnc-split-reg-provided menus
> are retreived from the gnc-split-reg, and the appropriate 'Check Register'
> menubar items ["View", "Edit", "Actions" [maybe]] are:

So all I would need to do is add my entries to the menu in
register_menubar_win and register_popup, put my callback function into
gnc-split-reg.c, and make sure the ordered references are still
correct...  And that should be it?

> It's ugly; it's what happens; it should be addressed in the 2.0 UI work.

Let's leave that for 2.0...