adding register menu item [WAS: Re: Updated 1.8 release schedule]

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:25:31 -0800

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:40:20PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

| Do you mean glade/register.glade here?
|
| > In the latter case, add it to the window-register menu defn in
| > glade/register.glade, and add the callback code to window-register.c; make
| > sure the menu item gets copied in the menu_setup code in window-register.c.
|
| Are both menus in glade/register.glade?  I'm confused.

Yes, I do; Yes, they are...

The [glade] menu definition which eventually becomes the menu of the
window-register was moved into two places in src/gnome/glade/register.glade:
the "Check Register" window defines the menubar itself; the bulk of the
window-register menubar items are related to the register-in-a-window.
As well in the glade file is a non-realized "register_menubar_win" [I
think; I can't get at glade UI from here ATM] which contains a menubar
and only the 3 "common" [sub]menus from the gnc-split-reg.

In window-register.c:*mumble*_setup_menu, the gnc-split-reg-provided menus
are retreived from the gnc-split-reg, and the appropriate 'Check Register'
menubar items ["View", "Edit", "Actions" [maybe]] are:

1/ retreived
2/ removed from the menu bar
3/ their items are inserted into the appropriate place in the menus
   retreived from the gnc-split-reg.
4/ the gnc-split-reg provided menu is bound to the existing menu-item in
   the 'check register' menu bar.

A similar process occurs for the toolbar.  A similar process occurs for
the popup/context menu.

It's ugly; it's what happens; it should be addressed in the 2.0 UI work.

....jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`
jabber:jsled@jabber.asynchronous.org, ICQ:4983267, {AIM,YIM}:joshsled