adding register menu item [WAS: Re: Updated 1.8 release schedule]

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Dec 2002 13:40:20 -0500

Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:47:09AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> | I need to add a menu item to pull up the exchange dialog (need to work
> | with jsled to figure out the best way of doing that).  Other than
>
> Is it something generic to editing a register, or specific to the
> application/window view which contains the register?

I think I want it both in the top-level menubar as well as the
context menu.  The menu item is:
        "Reset Exchange Rate"

All this menu-item needs to do is call:

        gnc_split_register_handle_exchange (reg, TRUE);

> In the former case, add it to the menu defined in glade/register.c and the
> callback code to the gnc-split-reg.c... make sure the menu-insertion
> offsets in mumble_menu_setup in window-register.c are still valid
> [depending on where you insert the menu in the gnc-split-reg menu...]

Do you mean glade/register.glade here?

> In the latter case, add it to the window-register menu defn in
> glade/register.glade, and add the callback code to window-register.c; make
> sure the menu item gets copied in the menu_setup code in window-register.c.

Are both menus in glade/register.glade?  I'm confused.