Gnucash Foundation [was: Re: Nothing works on Red Hat ]

Michael + Jennifer Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 00:02:58 -0500

Quoting Conrad Canterford <conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au>:

> On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 14:43, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > I like this idea.   It does solve a lot of problems (like
> > administering the damn thing).

On the "administering the damn thing front," is there anyway we could rely on a
larger organization to help out GnuCash?  I.e., is there some way money could be
sent to the Free Software Foundation or <<insert already established
organization here>> and have it earmarked for GnuCash?  I'm thinking about the
United Way or Red Cross model.  If I give money to the United Way, I can specify
where it goes.  If I don't, they send it wherever they choose.  I'm just
thinking it might be cleaner (and also tax deductible for contributors) than a
Christmas card, without the hassle of administering getting dropped on a member
of the development team.

This of course doesn't solve the problem of how awards get doled out . . .

By the way, I would be happy to contribute, especially if it's easy.  For
example I'm already a Mandrake Club subscriber and EFF contributor.  Mandrake
made it very very easy.  EFF was a little more of a pain.