Gnucash Foundation [was: Re: Nothing works on Red Hat ]

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 01:29:26 -0600

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 12:02:58AM -0500, Michael + Jennifer Garrison Stuber was heard to remark:
> Quoting Conrad Canterford <conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au>:
>
> > On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 14:43, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > > I like this idea.   It does solve a lot of problems (like
> > > administering the damn thing).
> >
> On the "administering the damn thing front," is there anyway we could rely on a
> larger organization to help out GnuCash?  I.e., is there some way money could be
> sent to the Free Software Foundation or <<insert already established
> organization here>> and have it earmarked for GnuCash?

-- If I thought there was a donation of a few thousand dollars
   iminent, then I would scramble to the FSF or wherever to
   see if they could act as a conduit.  But for the occasionly $20,
   its not worth it, to us or to them.

-- If the FSF or gnome foundation or whomever had a set of
   ready-to-go web scripts that implemented a mandrake-club-like
   infrastructure then, yes I'd go for that, that would be great.

Note to cbbrowne: maybe there's already a sourceforge project
for creating this kind of web infrasturture? Some phpNukularTipJar ?

> (and also tax deductible for contributors)

As cbbrowne points out, a $10 tax-deductible donation is about the
same as $7 gift. So just just gift $7 instead of donating $10.

> I'm already a Mandrake Club subscriber and EFF contributor.  Mandrake
> made it very very easy.  EFF was a little more of a pain.

??? I wrote EFF a check. How much easier can it be ???

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>