Gnucash Foundation [was: Re: Nothing works on Red Hat ]

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 03:11:26 -0600

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:52:20PM -0800, Chris Lyttle was heard to remark:

> I do have a real problem with giving out my street address, esp with no
> real privacy safeguards in place.

OK.

> I also dont much like the paypal idea,
> tho I grant that used just as a money transfer device (ie not keep any
> money in a paypal account) it is useful.

Yes. My intent would be to move funds from paypal to a real bank as
they come in.

> I would much prefer that the
> contact be email address based;
> 1)send email to jack@gnucash.org <- has a gnucash.org email as he's
> recognised by 3 other devels on gnucash as a good guy :)
> 2)email says hey, I like the work you're doing and want to send you a
> gift, what's the best way to do this?
> 3)jack sends back 'that's nice of you, I prefer it to be sent to
> paypal/billpay/moneygram whatever and gives details.
>
> This avoids a whole address/privacy issue and only relies on email
> addresses, seems like it'd work better to me.

OK. You already have wilddev at gnucash.org.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>