Some oddities in gnucash-cvs

Rik Harris rik@kawaja.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:15:50 +1100

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:04:52PM +1100, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 20:28, Rik Harris wrote:
> > 1.  My default currency was reset from AUD to GBP.  I don't know when
> >     this happened.
>
> I think this is a redhat bug, actually. When I changed to RH7.3, my
> locale changed from en_AU to en_GB, and despite all my attempts, it has
> refused to change back. Gnucash then detects this locale and decides to
> use it.
> I can't comment on the other stuff, but I'm happy to test if people want
> me to.

I'm using Mandrake 9, but that does make some sense.  My locale is
currently en_GB and I may have chosen it myself because en_AU dictionaries
often include American and British spelling.  When I use en_GB, it flags
US spelling as incorrect and when I use en_AU it doesn't (I like being
consistent).

However, I would have thought the previous settings in a particular file
should be maintained once set, regardless of the locale.

rik.