Some oddities in gnucash-cvs

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:25:29 +0100

Rik Harris wrote:

>>I think this is a redhat bug, actually. When I changed to RH7.3, my
>>locale changed from en_AU to en_GB, and despite all my attempts, it has
>>refused to change back. Gnucash then detects this locale and decides to
>>use it.
>
> I'm using Mandrake 9, but that does make some sense.  My locale is
> currently en_GB and I may have chosen it myself because en_AU dictionaries
> often include American and British spelling.  When I use en_GB, it flags
> US spelling as incorrect and when I use en_AU it doesn't (I like being
> consistent).
>
> However, I would have thought the previous settings in a particular file
> should be maintained once set, regardless of the locale.

If you now change the default currency back to AUD, Gnucash (should)
remembers that setting. Before, you just accepted the default value
(which was derived from the locale), so when the locale changed, the
default value changed, too. Now you would need to pick a non-default
value of that option, and gnucash will remember your setting.

Christian