Some oddities in gnucash-cvs

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
12 Dec 2002 09:51:44 -0500

Rik Harris <rik@kawaja.net> writes:

> However, I would have thought the previous settings in a particular file
> should be maintained once set, regardless of the locale.

Unfortunately the way the options work, if you set the option to the
"default" it is not saved.  In other words if your default locale is
"en_AU" and you set the currency to AUD it will _NOT_ save it (because
it is the default).  Later, when you change your locale to en_GB, it
still takes the "default currency for the locale", which is GBP.

Note that at _this_ point in time, the _ONLY_ time this particular
currency is used is when you are creating a new account, or when you
are entering a stock/mutual-fund/currency-account transaction.  When
you enter a bank/credit-card/income/expense/asset/liability
transaction it uses the currency of the account you are in (if it
can).