Some oddities in gnucash-cvs

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
12 Dec 2002 09:10:50 -0600

--=-BVcBw/RyLSMD43sXyAiK

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 06:04, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 20:28, Rik Harris wrote:
> > 1.  My default currency was reset from AUD to GBP.  I don't know when
> >     this happened.
>=20
> I think this is a redhat bug, actually. When I changed to RH7.3, my
> locale changed from en_AU to en_GB, and despite all my attempts, it has
> refused to change back. Gnucash then detects this locale and decides to
> use it.
> I can't comment on the other stuff, but I'm happy to test if people want
> me to.
>=20
> Conrad.
>=20

In /etc/sysconfig/i18n, set the LANG=3D"en_AU" variable, and the SUPPORTED
to whatever you need it to be.

For good measure, I also set LANG in /etc/profile, and in ~/.profile.=20
It's *going* to be my way, dammit!!

If you use GDM, you can also set the default locale in the login
screen.  It's under one of the menus.

I actually reported a bug in the ls sort order (who the F$@$K designed
the en_US collate order!! It's totally bogus!!), and the gentleman who
responded explained about the locales, LANG, LC_COLLATE, etc., and the
propensity of distributions to muck about with those w/o letting the
users know. As a result, I now use "LANG=3DC".
--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print $i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except=
 me.

--=-BVcBw/RyLSMD43sXyAiK

--=-BVcBw/RyLSMD43sXyAiK--