Some oddities in gnucash-cvs

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
13 Dec 2002 12:22:04 +1100

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 02:10, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
> In /etc/sysconfig/i18n, set the LANG="en_AU" variable, and the SUPPORTED
> to whatever you need it to be.

Well, I thought I'd done all that, and checking my system, they're still
there and correct. That made me curious, so I did a grep in /etc/* for
en_GB....

> If you use GDM, you can also set the default locale in the login
> screen.  It's under one of the menus.

and I found that this is where the problem is. GDM doesn't *have* an
option for en_AU. Obviosly, by chance or some other logic, its getting
en_GB as an alternative because we're not en_US. The appropriate file to
edit is /etc/gdm/locale.alias - add a line in there for en_AU and
hopefully that will enable us to have an AU locale (Unfortunately, it
requires me to restart my X session so I have yet to test it). If this
works, I'll submit a patch for GDM.

Conrad.