Problem w/ 1.7.5

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
20 Dec 2002 14:27:29 +1100

Neil,
Please cc: the gnucash list(s) when replying - we like to know that
problems are being looked at, and the solutions are always useful to
know too.

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 07:56, Neil B. Cohen wrote:
    Thanks for your suggestion - I thought I had guile-devel installed, but
    I did have to add g-wrap. Now it goes through the configure, but it
    complains that the gtkhtml library does not exist. I have the following
    RPM packages installed:
     rpm -qa |grep gtkhtml
    libgtkhtml20-1.0.4-6.ximian.1
    gtkhtml1.1-1.1.7-1.ximian.2
    pygnome-gtkhtml-1.4.2-3
    libgtkhtml1.1-3-1.1.7-1.ximian.2
    Is there a devel package I'm missing here too? I can't find a
    gtkhtml-1.1-devel package anywhere.

OK, a quick poke around on rpmfind turns up some packages
gtkhtml-devel-1.1. I'm guessing that these would be the culprits. I'm
also guessing that ximian have broken something, as (for me at least)
red-carpet deinstalled gtkhtml-devel.1.0.4, but did NOT then upgrade it
to the appropriate gtkhtml-devel-1.1 package.

     Also, I made a link from
    libgtkhtml-1.1.so.3.0.2 to libgtkhtml.so (just to see what would
    happen). That allowed the configure to finish, although it still
    complains that library gtkhtml does not exist.

That is a potentially bad thing to do, and is not recommended.

    When I try to run make,
    it compiles a large number of files and then fails on dialog-account.c
    complaining that gtkhtml.h does not exist - so I am obviously missing a
    package - but I can't find it - can you point me at it?

Try the above. Red-carpet should have the package available too.

Conrad.
-
Conrad Canterford  (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   |  url - http://www.watersprite.com.au/
GPO Box 355,           |  - Australian Tour and Event Management (ATEM)
Canberra, ACT 2601     |  - Ticketing Division.
Mobile: +61 402 697054 |  - Catering Services Division.