A request...

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
21 Dec 2002 13:23:19 +1100

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 22:38, John Smith wrote:
> I am no account wizard, but would like to use the small business
> function in gnucash. I think a way to make it simpler for new adopters
> for small business is to have a "common buisness" setup in the wizard
> much like the common accounts that are already there. I have attempted
> to make a set myself for submission but realized I am the wrong guy to
> do it since I have no clue what should go there. Could this be
> implimented?

Sure. Send me what you've done, and I'll use it as a base. I'm no
accountant either, but I've been running a small business for a while so
I should be able to knock something together thats reasonable.

You can use the menu file->export->export accounts but *DO* remember to
save anything you have done to your data file before doing this. The
export accounts feature appears somewhat broken at the moment, and you
will have to quit and reload your datafile to continue working.

If anyone else wants to contribute ideas, that's good too.

Conrad.