Recurrence of "Scheduled transaction after find" crash in CVS

Nigel Titley nigel@titley.com
22 Dec 2002 23:05:00 +0000

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 04:39, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 17:05, Josh Sled wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 10:24:26AM +0000, Nigel Titley wrote:
> >
> > | I've just had another of these. Sequence is
> > [deletia...]
> >
> > I can't reproduce, and have marked the bug as such.  Perhaps you could
> > privately send me your data file to assist?
> >
> > Can anyone else repro. this bug?
> >

> I'm unable to reproduce it here either. I tried several different things
> while creating the SX to see if it would crash and no joy. Nigel you may
> have to do a step by step of how you get the problem and give us a
> backtrace as well.

Well, I've played around a bit here, and this crash is completely
reproducable. I'm hoping Josh will be able to reproduce it with my data.
The original bug report (#101650) includes a complete stack backtrace.

The step by step is quite simple

Open register
Find -> description.includes "rhs" (case insensitive)
Select appropriate transaction
Click on "schedule" on the tool bar
Change interval to "annually"

Gnucash crashes and offers to submit a bug report,

What else do you guys want me to do? What additional information can I
give you.

uname -a gives
Linux woden 2.4.18-18.7.x #1 Wed Nov 13 20:29:30 EST 2002 i686 unknown

gcc -v gives
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-113)

guile -v gives
Guile 1.3.4
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

The CVS was downloaded on 18th December and built the same evening (much
to the wife's disgust)

The crash happens on both my systems, one a 400MHz Celeron with 256M,
the other an 800MHz Celeron with 128M. The only common item is the data,
which is NFS mounted across the two machines, and the OS which is Redhat
7.3, fully patched.

Nigel