Postgres back end progress report

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
27 Dec 2002 14:04:08 -0600

--=-6o+B2rdx9eSUtIPhfUiY

Just so's y'all don't think I'm sleeping on it... =3DP
I've made a bit of progress on the PG backend.  Thus far I've
implemented data access routines for the core accounting types.  I've
also created some Perl (GodILovePerl) for transforming SQL CREATE TABLE
statements into structure definitions and other assorted needed files.
Thus, the addition of other extensions (e.g., Business, Budgets), is
somewhat less time consuming.

I've kept the source documented. Here's a link to the doxygen output:=20

http://home1.gte.net/res0t4mo/postgres/index.html

Next I'm going to work on 'upgrading' an existing PG installation to the
new format.  This will have the benefit of also providing Object store
and retrieve functionality.  Then I will address some of the API issues
(i.e., modularizing the PG backend API to allow for other PG modules to
be loaded, such as Business or Budgeting), and smooth out/simplify the
PgBackend API interface with the engine.

Just an FYI to keep peeps updated...

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print $i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except=
 me.

--=-6o+B2rdx9eSUtIPhfUiY

--=-6o+B2rdx9eSUtIPhfUiY--