[Fwd: Re: news on fixed g-wrap?]

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
27 Dec 2002 15:08:44 -0800

-----Forwarded Message-----

> Ok.  Here's my schedule (now that I've got a moment).  I'll be away
> until about the 2nd.  I'm working on a fix that might actually improve
> guile and solve g-wrap's problems, but I'm not sure it'll work yet.
> If not, I'll probably do the soname trick.  I expect it'll take me a
> couple of days after I get back to implement either solution (and I'll
> may need time for a little consulation on guile-devel), so I'd like to
> shoot for getting the next g-wrap release out by the 8th.

I just received the about from Rob, with this in mind, I'd like to propose
the following;

Jan 5th - Release GnuCash 1.8.0 with g-wrap 1.3.4.

I have included a fix in the g-wrap rpm's I've put on the gnucash.org site
for compiling it on RH8. Doing the above will give him more time to work
out a solution for the soname problems.

Jan 26th - Release GnuCash 1.8.1 with g-wrap 1.3.5

Hopefully by this time we'll have incorporated all the 'oops shoulda fixed
that before 1.8.0' bugs and with the new g-wrap we'll have a great release.

Let me know what you all think

Chris
- --
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |   |^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop