Request for delaying stable release: Multi-currency code still not mature enough

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:27:59 -0800

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 01:46:27PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

| >  Now Josh is (hopefully) on top of one of these, but the other two
| > haven't even been succesfully reproduced by anyone but me (although I
| > can reproduce them without problem). Sure as fate, if you make a full
| > release, once more people are hammering on the code, you will find these
| > bugs are reproducible. I really don't think it is sufficiently stable to
| > release at the moment.
|
| I admit that crashing is clearly a Bad Thing...  However not being
| able to reproduce a problem makes it very hard to bug-track.  Considering
| you can reproduce it, perhaps you could add a bunch of printf()'s in
| the code and help determine where it is dying, when, and how?

This one in particular has been reproduced and fixed [though not checked
in, yet].  It turned out to be my problem.  It was not related to MC at
all -- just g_string_sprintf not handling positional-format-parameters
that the po-files use.

....jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`