Request for delaying stable release: Multi-currency code still not mature enough

Nigel Titley nigel@titley.com
29 Dec 2002 20:00:18 +0000

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 19:27, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 01:46:27PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> | >  Now Josh is (hopefully) on top of one of these, but the other two
> | > haven't even been succesfully reproduced by anyone but me (although I
> | > can reproduce them without problem). Sure as fate, if you make a full
> | > release, once more people are hammering on the code, you will find these
> | > bugs are reproducible. I really don't think it is sufficiently stable to
> | > release at the moment.
> |
> | I admit that crashing is clearly a Bad Thing...  However not being
> | able to reproduce a problem makes it very hard to bug-track.  Considering
> | you can reproduce it, perhaps you could add a bunch of printf()'s in
> | the code and help determine where it is dying, when, and how?
>
> This one in particular has been reproduced and fixed [though not checked
> in, yet].  It turned out to be my problem.  It was not related to MC at
> all -- just g_string_sprintf not handling positional-format-parameters
> that the po-files use.

I'm fully aware of that. My premise was that regardless of the problems
with the MC stuff, whilst I'm still seeing bugs which cause crashes and
freezes, I don't think the product is releasable. However YMMV.

Nigel