gnome help browser [was Re: Request for delaying stable release: Multi-currency code stillnot mature enough

wsheldahl@qx.net wsheldahl@qx.net
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:35:54 -0500

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 12:52:39PM -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 08:04:30PM -0900, Stanley Long was heard to remar=
k:
> > More modules and smaller project code are favored here.
>=20
> Yes, but every time we do this, we get accused of creating 'dependency
> hell'.  :-)=20
=20
With that in mind, I would just ask that you continue to document
what exactly the gnome help browser is and how to install it, for
those of us running gnucash without gnome. For me, gnucash works
great with fluxbox. (And it installed very easily with gentoo's
packaging system.) I don't mind installing all the extra gnome
libs, and wouldn't mind installing a gnome help browser to read
gnucash help, so long as you keep documenting the dependencies as
well as you have so far.

Keep up the good work everyone!

--=20
Wes Sheldahl