gnome help browser [was Re: Request for delaying stable release: Multi-currency code stillnot mature enough

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
30 Dec 2002 21:52:51 -0800

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 20:35, wsheldahl@qx.net wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 12:52:39PM -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 08:04:30PM -0900, Stanley Long was heard to remark:
> > > More modules and smaller project code are favored here.
> >
> > Yes, but every time we do this, we get accused of creating 'dependency
> > hell'.  :-)
>
> With that in mind, I would just ask that you continue to document
> what exactly the gnome help browser is and how to install it, for
> those of us running gnucash without gnome. For me, gnucash works
> great with fluxbox. (And it installed very easily with gentoo's
> packaging system.) I don't mind installing all the extra gnome
> libs, and wouldn't mind installing a gnome help browser to read
> gnucash help, so long as you keep documenting the dependencies as
> well as you have so far.

You've got to be kidding. We have to document what GNOME is because you
decide not to install GNOME to run a GNOME application? I've got no
objection to documenting what extra libs are needed outside of GNOME to
run GnuCash, but this is silly. The only thing that should be in the
docs for this is you need GNOME 1.4 or better to run GnuCash. If you
choose to not have this to run GnuCash then its up to you to figure out
what you need for all of GnuCash's bits.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit