Current HEAD will never build on Mac OS X

Peter O'Gorman peter@pogma.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 07:43:43 +0900

No, at the moment, the binaries are different. Apple does not
provide a way to load dylibs at runtime. Any solution would
involve hacking the OS. The only solution to building gnucash on
my Mac is to install linux on it :-(.

This completely sucks, there must be another way.

Anyway, I should have asked earlier before I spent most of my
Sunday starting "fixing" the (insert all swear words known to
man) thing.

What will fixing it require? Surely It just involves linking the
libs twice with different names (eg libxyz libmodxyz libgw-xyz)
and being careful about the interdependencies? Yes, I know that
there are a lot of modules...

Unhappy,
Peter