QIF import problems

Fabien COELHO Fabien COELHO <fabien@coelho.net>
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:46:08 +0100 (CET)

As I could not send the bug report to the automatic mail system, here it
is enclosed. Sorry for my incompetence with your mail system.

To: submit@bugs.gnumatic.com
From: fabien@coelho.net
Subject: QIF import problems
Package: gnucash
Version: 1.6.4

I installed gnucash-1.6.4 from the distributed rpms on a redhat 7.2.
I could not install gnucash-1.6.5 because of missing libraries for
which I had not the rpms.

When importing QIF files from my bank, I had to fix manually syntactic
problems in the file generated by the bank. I think the QIF parser could
pretty easily handles these 'extensions'. I wrote a perl to handle the two
first problems.

1/ 2 digit year in date format

D05/02/02

instead of

D05/02'2002

2/ plus sign in total amount format

T+10,000,000.00

instead of

T10,000,000.00

3/ account choice not user friendly

When importing a QIF file, the system asks for the destination account.
Fine. You have to type the full name if it is a subaccount. I would
prefer a Choice box where one can select an existing account, or the
ability to create a new one.

Thanks in advance for the potential future fixes.

--
Fabien COELHO   _____   fabien@coelho.net   _____   http://www.coelho.net