Line Graphs and Reports

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:28:11 -0500 (EST)

Greetings!

	I am interesting in writing a (small) family of reports to track
investments.  One of the critical needs for what I want to do is a line
graph.  I've been studying the current reporting architecture and trying
to understand it.  If I understand things correctly, GnuCash has
implemented its own Scheme wrappers around Guppi, and Guppi provides the
graphing functionality.  Is this correct?

I need several pointers to come up to speed:

(1)	Can somebody explain (or point me to an explanation) of how Scheme
and C interact?  It's pretty clear in the code that certain Scheme file
connect to certain C files, but I'm still confused on the mechanics.

(2)	Is there a decent explanation on Guppi out there?  The
documentation is pretty form of the include files at this point.  I tried
searching for FAQ but couldn't find one.  While I understand that I can
always read the source, I'm still trying to wrap my head around GnuCash,
so if there's a "this is what this call does, and here's how you use it"
document out there, I'd appreciate a link.

Thanks for any pointers!