Gnucash and Electric Fence

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
04 Jan 2002 23:16:40 -0800

--=-Zowik7kLOjKzLQwadbBE

Is Electric Fence supposed to work with GnuCash?  I've been trying to
debug a crash off and on for a couple of hours, and I just discovered
that the problem goes away if I force EFence off.  (I have to do this by
hand editing config.h as the configure script forces the use of EFence
even when I specifically supply an argument of --disable-efence or
--enable-efence=3Doff.)  The function gwrap_gnc_module_load() allocates
memory with a call to gh_scm2newstr() and releases it with a call to
free(). Since EFence is complaining about memory freed without being
allocated, it seems obvious that the library with the gh_scm2newstr()
function isn't linked with EFence support.  The fact that GnuCash runs
just fine without EFence support bears out the fact that this is not a
problem with GnuCash itself.  Can anyone tell me where the
gh_scm2newstr() function lives?

David

P.S. I'm using the Ximian packaged version of glade 1.4.

--=-Zowik7kLOjKzLQwadbBE

--=-Zowik7kLOjKzLQwadbBE--