Wish List

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 13:03:36 -0500

In a message dated: 03 Jan 2002 09:51:59 PST
David Hampton said:

>My wife and I were trying to set up gnucash 1.6 for our finances, and
>she (a bookkeeper of 15 years) came up with some suggested enhancements
>for the program.  They are:
>
>1) In the chart of accounts, the ordering should be assets, liabilities,
>equity, income, expenses.  This is the standard order used by
>accountants.

You can affect the order of the accounts by assigning an order code
to it.  Select any account, then either: click the Edit button,
right-click and select Edit Accounts, or hit Ctrl-e to bring up the
Account Editing dialog box.  In the top portion of the box under
Account Information, the last line, labelled 'Account Code:' allows
you to enter a numeric code for the account.

At first it will appear as if nothing happened, you have to go
through and edit all your accounts and then close gnucash and restart
to see the ordering take affect.

>2) In the COA, you should also be able to drag and drop an account to
>change its location.

Yeah, that might be nice, though I kind of like *not* having this
action.  I have a horrible tendancy of clicking and dragging when I
only mean to click and "move on".  In gtt, this often results in a
crash :(  Fortunately I have not experienced this in GnuCash :)

[great list of recommendations removed]

--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon