gnucash.org DNS is broken

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
23 Jan 2002 09:59:56 -0500

linas@linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 10:04:07AM -0800, Peter C. Norton was heard to remark:
> > > I'm willing to provide secondary DNS service if that would help
> > > solve this problem..
> >
> > Of course, this is a good thing.
>
> Currently, both dns servers for gnucash.org are in the same room, and I
> had to cut power for an afternoon.  Won't happen again for a while I
> hope.

Ahh, this would be a problem.

> 1) yes, another dns secondary would be very much appreciated; but:
>    You have to promise me that you'll be looking after this for at least
>    the next 5 years.  Having to deal with crap even once a year is just
>    too often.

I can certainly promise that -- it's my DNS server for my consulting
company, which I certainly hope will last that long.  Granted, the IP
address might change every once in a while, but I'd take care of that
myself as far as the NIC is concerned.

> 2) should I be posting 'scheduled outage' notes to the mailing list?

Yes.  Definitely.  Then we know whether or not to call you! ;)

> 3) should I be posting 'scheduled outage' notes to the website ?

Maybe.  Considering the web site is inaccesible during an outage, it
might not be quite as useful as emails sent out.