QIF Import Account Tree Dialog

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:07:02 -0500

Greetings!

	While I greatly depend on the QIF importer (thanks Bill!) I confess, I
abhor the account picker dialog it uses.  I've been trying to make some
adjustments to it, so it's a little more to my liking.  Eventually (when I
figure out how to make them optional) I'll see about sending in a patch.
Anyway, I'm sure there is some easy little thing that I'm missing here, but
I'm not that familiar with GTK.  By default the dialog default to fully
expanding the tree.  I would like to make this optional, so those of us
that would rather navigate to the account than scroll through a long list
can do so.  Try as I might, I have yet to figure out where this magic
happens.  If I understand this, the gnc-dialog.glade file is used to create
glade-gnc-dialog.c.  This file has create_QIF_Import_Account_Picker() which
is then called by qif_account_picker_dialog() in dialog-account-picker.c.
This of course is exposed to scheme for the import routine.  I think it is
qif_account_picker_dialog() that I need to modify.  It looks like the
routine goes through all the accounts to make a decision about whether to
check the "new" column on or off.  I can't find any explicit expansion code
anywhere.  Does this expansion happen as side effect of the "new" check?
Could I drop a gtk_tree_collapse in here?  What should I use for a node?
Thanks!