General Query Framework, an updated proposal

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
30 Jan 2002 14:06:51 -0500

Unfortunately I forgot to include some of the "sort-by" functionality.
I need to go back and see how that's going to fit in.  I completely
missed the fact that "does this object match this predicate" is not
the same code as "does this object come before this other objects of
the same type".

I'd like to try to re-use code as much as possible, but I think I'm
going to need yet another function for core types to return a
comparrison.  I think this prototype would look something like:

        int (*QueryCompare) (gpointer a, gpointer b,
                             gint compare_options, QueryAccess get_fcn);

This would let you say something like:
        sort-by trans->entered_date (DATE_ROUNDED)

Comments?