General Query Framework, an updated proposal

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
30 Jan 2002 17:03:00 -0500

I've been trying to implement some of the core types, and I've
realized that in my generic model there does not appear to be a way to
implement the equivalent of ACCT_MATCH_ALL.

I need to think on this.

The problem is that you would add a predicate that looks something
like:
        ("account", "guid", equals, match_all, guidlist)

This would, internally, lookup the account->guid QueryAccess function
for the term, and when you run it looking for splits it would obtain
the split->account QueryConvert function.

The problem is that I can get from "split" to "account" and lookup the
account's guid, but I have no way in the predicate to know how to look
up split's transaction's splitlist's account's guid, which is really
what you want for a "MATCH_ALL".  In fact, the predicate is being
given an account, not a split.

I'm not sure how to reconcile this at the moment.

-derek