Re[4]: Errors running configure

Michele Ravani Michele.Ravani@swissonline.ch
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 00:02:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:42:17 +0200 (CEST) Michele Ravani <Michele.Ravani@swissonline.ch> wrote:

MR> On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:24:45 +0200 (CEST) Michele Ravani
MR> <Michele.Ravani@swissonline.ch> wrote:

MR> Upgrading the gdk-pixbuf lot to 0.18.x solved all the problems, it is
MR> installed and configure's got no problems with it.
MR>
MR> The gnome-print problem persists.

Not anymore. I upgraded gnome-print (probably not necessary) and installed
libgnomeprint15-devel. Don't know but I was expecting something else, like
gnome-print-devel or similar. It would be nice if they would stick to a
naming convention ;o|

Anyway, next problems.

checking for libglade... yes
Unknown library `gtkhtml'
Unknown library `gtkhtml'
checking for main in -lgal... Unknown library `gal'
no
configure: error: gal library not found. See the README and config.log for more info.

?!? /usr/lib contains both libgal.so and libgtkhtml.so but the test
compilation in configure doesn't seem to find them.
/usr/lib is always on the linking path, right?

Ciao

--
Michele Ravani                  Michele.Ravani@swissonline.ch
"Those who live hoping, die singing" My Gran