Re[4]: Errors running configure

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
14 Jul 2002 11:11:01 +1000

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 08:02, Michele Ravani wrote:
> Anyway, next problems.
> checking for libglade... yes
> Unknown library `gtkhtml'
> Unknown library `gtkhtml'
> checking for main in -lgal... Unknown library `gal'
> no
> configure: error: gal library not found. See the README and config.log for more info.
> ?!? /usr/lib contains both libgal.so and libgtkhtml.so but the test
> compilation in configure doesn't seem to find them.
> /usr/lib is always on the linking path, right?

You also need gal-devel (or libgal-devel, I don't remember what its
called). I'm afraid it needs a lot of the -devel packages....  :-)

I don't remember what the full list is, since its been several months
since I had to chase through all this.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)