Reports are always in USD

Christian Krause chkr@plauener.de
23 Jul 2002 23:44:29 +0200

On 23 Jul 2002 15:14:21 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Please CC: gnucash-devel on your responses so other developers can
> see..

Sorry, I forgot this...

> I've got a question: what does your locale say is your default
> currency?  Most likely the problem is in

Nothing. I have _not_ set any locale variables. But with this settings
gnucash-1.6.6 works as expected.

> gnc-ui-util.c:gnc_localeconv() where it calls localeconv() -- it
> probably is not setting a local currency (int_curr_symbol) for your
> locale...

I've looked in this file a little bit, and I don't understand some
things:

In gnc_localeconv you call localeconv() but where is the locale
initialized via setlocale? gnc_push/pop_locale isn't called anywhere (I
inserted some debugs to verify this)

How should this work? What is the purpose of these functions?

I think the currency of the reports should be the configured default
currency of gnucash and should not depend on my locale settings.

But first of all: Can you or anybody other reproduce this bug?
> How to reproduce:
> - New File
> - in the wizard: select "EUR", "Common Accounts"
> - put some money in the wallet
> - make a transaction: e.g. buy a book ;-)
> - try the reports

regards,
christian