balance broken

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:56:30 +0200

Eildert Groeneveld wrote:

>>I think I have an idea what is going on, but I need to know more
>>information about how you created this transaction and about the
>>particular accounts that this transaction touches, and how it looks
>>from _both_ accounts (you can use the 'jump' button to open the
>>register for the other account).
>>
> yes indeed, I remember that in the jump account the transaction was
> accumulated ok.
>
> I started with completely new accounts hierarchy using the wizard.
> The currency I set to EUR.
> Then I created a new account as a subaccount to Assets:CurrentsAssets
> as USDaccount. Its currency was set to USD.
> Then I enter a first transaction in USDaccount and in transfer specify
> Income:salary
> This account is in EU (ofcourse)
> now, the amount entered does not show in USDaccount  but does in
> income:salary

When you entered that transaction, you entered *only* the USD amount,
right? Or did you also enter a conversion rate to EUR, or the EUR amount
   belonging to the USD amount? So for that transaction, it was
impossible for gnucash to figure out what exactly would be the EUR value
of the USD  amount. Did I get that right?

Christian