balance broken

Eildert Groeneveld eg@tzv.fal.de
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:02:32 +0200

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 14:56, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
> >>I think I have an idea what is going on, but I need to know more
> >>information about how you created this transaction and about the
> >>particular accounts that this transaction touches, and how it looks
> >>from _both_ accounts (you can use the 'jump' button to open the
> >>register for the other account).
> >
> > yes indeed, I remember that in the jump account the transaction was
> > accumulated ok.
> >
> > I started with completely new accounts hierarchy using the wizard.
> > The currency I set to EUR.
> > Then I created a new account as a subaccount to Assets:CurrentsAssets
> > as USDaccount. Its currency was set to USD.
> > Then I enter a first transaction in USDaccount and in transfer specify
> > Income:salary
> > This account is in EU (ofcourse)
> > now, the amount entered does not show in USDaccount  but does in
> > income:salary
>
> When you entered that transaction, you entered *only* the USD amount,
> right? Or did you also enter a conversion rate to EUR, or the EUR amount
>    belonging to the USD amount? So for that transaction, it was
> impossible for gnucash to figure out what exactly would be the EUR value
> of the USD  amount. Did I get that right?

yes you may be right. In the USD account I entered 1111 (assuming it to be
USD)

at that point no conversion had been set up.
adding a new transaction AFER the conversion account has been put does not
change the picture.
Furthermore, I added an Income:SalaryUSD (in USD) and used that in the
transfer fieild in the USDaccount and still the balance stayed at 0

greetings

Eildert

--
Eildert Groeneveld