Gnucash Business: Proposal: handling multiple tax accounts

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
14 Jun 2002 07:28:36 -0500

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 23:19, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Ok, the the answer to my question is "you come up with your
> price by determing the price the customer will pay and working
> backwards".  The next question is: within the gnucash business
> framework, where should this "tax included" flag be set?

In OpenCheckout, we have a "catalog" which is basically the inventory
item information table.  Each item in the catalog has a flag,
"tax_included", which does this.  The item also has a "tax_group"
indicator to show which tax(es) apply to it.

So I would guess that whatever the inventory abstraction is that you
use, it needs to include information about the taxability of each item.

b.g.