Compiling the CVS head

Eildert Groeneveld eg@tzv.fal.de
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:16:49 +0200

Hello everyone
with the impressive support of all of you I have managed to finally create a
gnucash binary. Thus, indeed it can be compiled under RedHat 7.2.
If asked what had to be done, I am really somewhat at a loss.
Firstly, a complete upgrade of the installation in particular regarding the
gnome components seems to be necessary. As indicated by Chris Lyttle missing
-devel packages are really a source of a large proportion of the problems.

However I have no good advice on how to speed up this manual work of figuring
out which packages are missing. We should really have some sort of script
which would allow downloading and upgrading the system as required.

Anyway, lost of thanx to everyone.

Eildert
--
Eildert Groeneveld
Institute for Animal Science and Animal Behaviour