Compiling the CVS head

Olaf Faaland ofaaland@attbi.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 04:16:28 -0700

Hi,

I had the problem with a missing src/doc/design/version.texi earlier this=
=20
month; Derek Atkins replied with this:

>When you run configure with --enable-maintainer-mode it should create
>that the version.texi file.  When you run autogen.sh, it runs
>configure properly.  Did you, perhaps, re-run configure by hand after
>running autogen.sh?

Running configure as described worked for me.  In case it doesn't work fo=
r=20
you, for some reason, I also found that creating that file with 'touch'=20
allowed the build to continue so I could get to playing while waiting for=
 a=20
better answer.  The binary produced this way seemed to work fine.

-Olaf

<snip>