Export from GnuCash to Gnumeric

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
05 Mar 2002 21:53:01 -0800

--=-03EI4XpNPT2no8yaN/Yp

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 18:28, Zach Garner wrote:
> I, of course, have other things to do than track CVS current gnucash
> code, just to use an accounting program and have data sent to my
> spreadsheet program.

A patch for stable source would be just fine. However,
my memory is jogged by looking at the xml code again.
I think we started adding the namespace declarations
and realized that it changed the behavior of the libxml
parser in ways that required more than a few changes for
us. No one is currently working on this problem, either
in stable or in devel cvs. So it's unlikely to be fixed
any time soon.

> As far as cvs current is concerned, things have changed greatly. XML
> support in Gnucash looks a great deal more complicated (and flexible).
> In addition, it looks like some support for Namespaces has been
> implemented.

As I said above, no one is working on finishing it atm.

> I really wish more discussion would have went into whether or not the
> contributed (attached to my first email) XSL translation from gnucash ->
> gnumeric is something the gnucash project is interested in, rather than
> argument over namespaces (I assume this is my fault, of course). I
> suppose I will continue working on it privately, and avoid starting
> another argument here.

I think a utility like this would be nice. If it required an additional
dependency, then making it optional would be better.

dave

--=-03EI4XpNPT2no8yaN/Yp

--=-03EI4XpNPT2no8yaN/Yp--