1.6 reports "ERROR: required feature not supported"

Rich Johnson rjohnson@dogstar-interactive.com
Wed, 08 May 2002 20:40:42 -0400

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please be sure to CC all your responses back to the devel list.
> Other people may be able to help you better than I....

Sorry, that must of been a slip of the mouse....I meant to do a "reply all".

> Do you, perhaps, have multiple versions of guile installed on your
> machine?

Not as far as I can tell.

> Do you have all the proper configurations set to find
> your guile libraries and scheme files?

Guile, etc. were installed as debian packages along with their default
configuration--if any.  Also, they were not resident until installed as a
requirement of gnucash.

I looked through the gnucash documentation a bit. I didn't see anything about
required configuriation of any of these required packages.    Things do run
long enough to determine the printf requirement--I assume this is genereated
from bootstrap.scm.
Interestingly, I have two complete sets of .scm files.  One in
(/usr/local/share,/usr/local/etc}  the other in {/usr/share,/etc}.  One is from
the package install, the other is from a "make install" when I rebuilt gnucash.

So, this begs the question:
   Just what is the set of proper configurations, and how do I verify it?

> Did you try running gnucash
> once as root (although I thought that would give you an slibcat error
> message, not this one).

I get the same error running as root.

Thanks,
--rich