unable to enter amounts...

blossom merz blossommerz@earthlink.net
10 May 2002 13:05:32 -0700

Hey, there!

Please tell me if this is the wrong place to post a problem like this...
I've lurked on this list for a few weeks to see if this was an
appropriate place for my question, or if this was an issue that was
being worked on.

Here's the problem: I can't enter a dollar amount into gnucash. In the
druid, there is a place where you can enter the initial balances.
Nothing that I enter is accepted. The cursor just returns to the
beginning of the line before my number. If I click 'next' with the
cursor sitting there before the number, I get an error, "You must enter
a valid balance." If I don't enter anything, and just let it create
blank accounts, I can't enter a transaction. Whenever I try to enter a
number it does the same thing - the cursor returns to the beginning of
the line and it behaves as if I never entered anything.

I have the latest rpm from ximian, gnucash-1.6.6-1.ximian.1, and I've
built it from source. Both had the same symptoms.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!
blossom merz