GNUCash, GNOME and Bugzilla

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
Thu, 16 May 2002 11:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Josh Sled wrote:

> On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 07:28:36AM -0800, CHRISTIAN.SCHALLER wrote:
>
> | My name i Christian Schaller and I write the weekly GNOME summraries (togheter with Steve George). I was just scanning your mail archives looking for something to put into the summary when I noticed your bug system discussion. Why don't you guys move gnucash bugzilla into
> | GNOME bugzilla? There would be many advantages of such a solution among other things that the now quite effectily working GNOME bug team could help you triage bugs and also when gnucash crash and bug buddy pops up you would be using a bugzilla that supports mail in bugs which bug-buddy demands.
>
> BugSquad,
>
> Christian brought this up, and it's sounding like this is desireable to
> Gnucash developers.  What would it take to get a GnuCash Product, and some
> set of GnuCash people to have "magnagement authority" over it [creating
> Components, moving bugs around, &c.]?

This would be very easy to do, the most difficult aspect is if we needed
to move any old bugs over. There are few enough of those, however, that it
might be possible to manually enter them again (after verification) into
the gnome bugzilla.
Basically all we need to do is mail bugmaster@gnome.org a list of the
necessary components, a description for each one and who (email addr)
would be responsible for each one.
I already have rights on the gnome bugzilla for working with bugs, and I
would be willing to get this done. I could also post a news item to the
gnucash webpage to let users know and we could also add it to the 1.6 docs
for the next release.

Chris