Bug report(s): SX's

Tim Wunder tim@thewunders.org
Mon, 13 May 2002 13:39:22 -0400

May be known issues, but here goes:

1 - Cannot perform simple math when entering amounts in SX splits.
Steps to reproduce:
Create a Scheduled transaction
When entering an amount, use simple math, like can be done when creating a normal entry, "10+10.50+12.66+3", to add several items together.
Expected result: The numbers are added together to give 36.16
Actual result: The text, "10+10.50+12.66+3", is displayed.

2 - Credit amount and debit amount are not balanced.
Steps to reproduce:
Create a Scheduled transaction with several spilts, purposely make the debit amounts not equal the credit amounts.
Expected result: the entry would not be accepted unitl the credits and debits balance
Actual resul: Any old amount is acceptable.

3 - Cannot create a scheduled transaction from an existing transaction and have it occur once.
Steps to reproduce:
Right-click an existing transaction and choose to schedule.
Choose a start date in the future.
Select number of occurences and enter 1.
Click OK
Go into the SX list and editor to view/edit all the SX's, the newly created SX will not be listed.

4 - I have not been able to duplicate the Segfault I had a while ago, at least not yet. But I have also not created an SX with variables. I'm guessing that's where the problem lies. Perhaps I'll be able to look into that tonight...

Have y'all decided on a bug database, yet? FWIW, I happen to like bugzilla... use it for reporting bugs in Mozilla and RedHat. I do not like KDE's bug reporting mechanism, which is Debian's, (at least according to bugs.kde.org, anyway.)

Regards,
Tim