Bug report(s): SX's

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Wed, 15 May 2002 22:59:50 -0700

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 01:39:22PM -0400, Tim Wunder wrote:

| 1 - Cannot perform simple math when entering amounts in SX splits.
| Steps to reproduce:
| Create a Scheduled transaction
| When entering an amount, use simple math, like can be done when creating a normal entry, "10+10.50+12.66+3", to add several items together.
| Expected result: The numbers are added together to give 36.16
| Actual result: The text, "10+10.50+12.66+3", is displayed.

Known ... while I think I resolved it for the in-line editing in the
since-last-run dialog, it is not handled in the template editor.

| 2 - Credit amount and debit amount are not balanced.
| Steps to reproduce:
| Create a Scheduled transaction with several spilts, purposely make the debit amounts not equal the credit amounts.
| Expected result: the entry would not be accepted unitl the credits and debits balance
| Actual resul: Any old amount is acceptable.

That's true ... ideallsy, if all the credit/debit fomulae are numeric, it
will balance as you expect.  It gets harder if ad-hoc variables are in the
mix, however...  Both issues are in src/doc/TODO-schedxactions

| 3 - Cannot create a scheduled transaction from an existing transaction and have it occur once.
| Steps to reproduce:
| Right-click an existing transaction and choose to schedule.
| Choose a start date in the future.
| Select number of occurences and enter 1.
| Click OK
| Go into the SX list and editor to view/edit all the SX's, the newly created SX will not be listed.

Yes ... two bugs found and fixed in the since-last-run code dealing with
number-of-occurrence handling, not yet committed [tomorrow, hopefully].

| 4 - I have not been able to duplicate the Segfault I had a while ago, at least not yet. But I have also not created an SX with variables. I'm guessing that's where the problem lies. Perhaps I'll be able to look into that tonight...

Hmmm... okay... let me know.

...jsled

--
http://www.asynchronous.org - `a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}`