Minor feature suggestions

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
22 May 2002 23:00:21 -0400

Josh Sled <jsled@asynchronous.org> writes:

> Just to clarify: this is the interest rate of the account, so I think you're
> saying the account is then a interest-bearing Checking acco unt or perhaps a
> credit card?  Interest should then be calculated based on the balance of the
> account at some specific day of month?

Generally interest is computed based on an average daily balance for
the month, rather than on the actual amount on one particular day.  A
second approach that that interest it's computed on each daily balance
and the sum is posted at the end of the month.  I've seen both of
these types, there may be others.

> I'm trying to figure out how he/everyone wants it to work...  the template
> transactions can already contain ad-hoc variables [type in any non-numeric
> string, and it will be a variable, which the user will be prompted to bind a
> value to at creation-time], but not functions... and this seems like the
> first and most important function people want.

Probably present-value, future-value, and a few other "financial
calculations" would be nice to have.