Mortgage & Loan Repayment druid

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
05 Nov 2002 20:15:43 -0800

Hi Josh,

Was running thru a simple loan with the above druid to test it out and
it seems to have some difficulties.

The loan is as follows,
Principal - $13107.26
Interest Rate - 7.5%
Term - 60 months
Date of loan - 08/22/00

So, as you can see I'm trying to setup a loan that has been going for a
little over 2 years already. The bank gives me the following payment
schedule,

59 x $262.67
1 x $262.22 (payoff)

I ran this thru, and my first comment would be the Payment Amount field.
I understand you are trying to show the variable amount calculation
here, but from a users point of view I want to see what my loan payment
is gonna be so I can match that against what the bank tells me I need to
pay and verify its correct. I noticed that this gets transferred to the
SX that this sets up as well, again I would suggest showing the amount
that will be entered in the account and use the SX variable field to
show how the calculation is made up. One last thing about this, it would
be good to include in the help some documentation on how to setup these
variables and what the different parts of the equation mean so people
who wish to use this advanced functionality can.
I suggest also, if its possible, to show on the final page of the druid
a way of pulling up a list of the payments showing the payment,
principal and interest amounts for each month of the entire term. This
is a good way (as a user) of doing a spot check before creating the SX.

Last thing, when I actually ran since last run to create one of the
transactions from this, it entered the transaction into the account
correctly but didnt update the total and the payment amount came out to
be $262.64. So the transaction looked sort of like this in the register;

10/22/2002 FPCU 	-Split Transaction- $262.67	$9.78
10/22/2002 Test Loan	-Split Transaction- $262.64	$9.78

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit